The BGS Continuing Education Forum was started in 2018 to provide an additional opportunity for our members to interact in a social setting, gain exposure to short, informative topics of interest and interact informally with our Officers and Board Members.
Being held on a weekday morning opens accessibility for those that may not be able to make our regular evening meetings or would just enjoy additional interactions with other club members.
Meetings start with a breakfast at 8:35AM. Participants often supplement our club provided traditional culinary fare by bringing a small dish to pass, leading to a morning treat of grand proportions. This is followed by a brief update from our President of topics being discussed by the Board and a short presentation or hands-on workshop starting at 9:45.
- Polishing Petoskey Stones
- Viewing Fossil Epizoan under a microscope
- Fossil Worm burrows from Grand Island
- Fluorescent Minerals of Franklin New Jersey
- Operations and Fossils of the Middleport Quarry
- Eurypterids of Ridgemont Quarry, Ontario
- 18 Mile Creek
- Smoke Creek
- Kayaking Trip
- SRAC Museum – Waverly, New York
Sweet Home Masonic Temple
641 Sweet Home Road
Amherst, NY. 14226