Buffalo Geological Society, Inc.
The society was originally formed on February 2nd, 1938 as the Geological Section of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences. Dr. Irving G. Reimann, Curator of Geology at the Buffalo Museum of Science was the first president.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of this Society shall be to engage in and encourage the study of Geological Sciences, the Lapidary Arts, the collection of fossils, minerals, and rocks, and to promote exhibits and sponsor excursions and field trips for the aforementioned purposes. View our Constitution for more details.
- Monthly meetings featuring guest speakers
- Monthly Continuing Education Forum meetings held throughout the year
- Club sponsored field trips to quarries, museums, collecting sites, and other places of interest
- September annual picnic and rock swap
- December silent auction and potluck supper
- March annual live auction
- Annual Gem, Mineral & Fossil Show at the Erie County Fairgrounds, Hamburg, NY
- May annual Banquet and Installation of Officers
- Monthly newsletter to keep members up-to-date on our events as well as activities of other clubs
- Mineral and fossil identification and show-and-tell before every meeting
- Support of local educational organizations
When: First Friday of each month, October through April. No admission fee.
Where: Heritage Discovery Center, 100 Lee Street, Buffalo NY.
Board Meetings are held on the Thursday after the monthly meeting at 7:30 pm and are open to all members.
The Continuing Education Forum is held on the last Wednesday of every month; see newsletter for time and location.
Meetings will not be held on days on which Buffalo Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather.
|Jerold Bastedo||Don Lapham III|
|Marcia Binda||Paul Leuchner|
|Steve Birtz||Dale Russell|
|William Broad||Ronald Schmidt|
|Trish Giordano-Birtz||Larry Wolfe|
|Annual Show||Jerold Bastedo|
|Field Trips – Minerals||Don Lapham III|
|Field Trips – Fossils||Jerold Bastedo|
|Field Trips – Fossils||Joe Sullivan|
|GEOLETTER Editor||Marilyn Broad|
|Sunshine Committee||Marcia Binda|